Mt. Kilimanjaro Machame Route 7 Days Itinerary
Machame Camp ─ Shira Camp 7km, ↑ 835m / 2740ft
From the Machame Camp, you cross the stream onto its west bank and follow the path up the steep rocky ridge – criss-crossing a few times before reaching Shira camp within 5-6 hours, at the base of a semi-circular wall of Shira.
Dinner and overnight at Shira camp (3845m / 12615ft).
From Shira camp, you hike to Lava Tower (4600m / 15092ft) to acclimatize and then proceed down to Barranco Camp. Tonight’s camp is one of the best on the mountain. Dinner and overnight at Barranco Camp (3960m / 12992ft).
Barranco Camp ─ Karanga Valley 6km, ↑ 375m / 1230ft, ↓300m / 984ft
From Barranco camp, you climb up through the edge of great Barranco Wall. It’s a tough morning climb on a steep trail, but once you reach the top, the views are spectacular.
Dinner and overnight at Karanga Camp (4035m / 13238ft).
Today is a shorter climb than the past few days, hiking up to the final camp before your last ascent day to the summit.
Barafu Camp ─ Uhuru Peak ─ Mweka Camp ↑ 1255m / 4117ft, ↓ 2815m / 9235ft
You will start trekking early just after midnight, as the walk today will take 10 – 14 + hours.
The 1255m ascent in just over 3 km, will take us about 6-8 hours, as you try to reach the summit to watch the sunrise over the Great Rift Valley. After watching the sunrise and taking enough pictures, you then start descending down the mountain to below the tree line.
Dinner and overnight at Mweka Camp (3080m / 10105ft)
On your final day, we will have a short four hour hike out, walking through the lush forest. You meet our driver with the vehicle at the Mweka Gate (1630m / 5348ft) to drive back to the hotel in Arusha.
Included Items: 7 Days Machame-Route Kilimanjaro Climb Itinerary
- Quality, waterproof mountain sleeping tents
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees and Rescue fees
- All meals
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- 2 nights at hotel with half board (before & after climb)
- Transfer from hotel to Gate and back to hotel after climb
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries
- Mess tents with table and chairs
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters